Solenoid/valve control continues as per the IPCs schedule until the battery is completely flat, regardless of radio communication.
There are two specific charge levels at which IPC communication behaviour changes.
- Battery charge % falls below 20% (IPC enters hibernation)
- When an IPC enters hibernation, radio communication is halted to preserve battery for the primary function of solenoid/valve control
- An IPC in hibernation can be identified by the LED flashing briefly every 10 seconds
Older IPCs with red LEDs can be difficult to see, you may needd to shield thje IPC from the sun
- Battery charge % increases to over 40% (IPC exits hibernation)
- IPC radio communication is resumed