For more detail see the full application note.
Creating groups allows IPCs to be managed collectively for reasons such as:
- Inhibiting a paddock during cultivation or seeding
- Different scheduling requirements – more/less water, restricted run times
Creating a Group
- Select Groups from your IMS home page
- Select New Group, give it a Name, then select Create & Manage
- If this group defines its own separate lateral/zone, turn on the Is it a lateral slider
- You can add a description if desired
- Choose whether you want to add units from a List or from a Map view
From a List
- Select the units that you want in this group and select the + to add
- There are also option to select/unselect all and search by name or serial number
- To remove selected units from the group select the –
From the Map
This method is best for assigning IPCs by location when you may not know their specific names/serial numbers.
You will be shown a satellite map view of your farm.
- Navigate to the location of the IPCs of interest
- Left click around an outline (either clockwise or anticlockwise) to select the target IPCs – this will create a white shape.
- There are options to erase the shape and start over, undo 1 point or redo 1 point.
- The selected IPCs can now be added to or removed from the group, by selecting Add or Remove
- Green IPCs are in the group & light grey are not
AN46 –Creating Groups in IMS