For more detail see the full application note.
IMS logs the battery charge % each time a status response is received from an IPC. The trend history can be displayed and give indications of a potential fault.
- Select Sprinklers from the farm card.
- Select the IPC of interest
- Select from map view
- Search by serial number or name
- Select Open card to open the IPC details card
- Select Charge (highlighted in blue) to display the battery charge graph
A sharp decrease in charge could indicate
- poor/no charging due to lack of sunlight, a broken solar panel or fouling on the panel
- end of life battery
Battery charge that oscillates wildly up and down could indicate
- Solar panel/charging circuit fault
- Battery not holding charge – end of life